Look Good and Feel Great!
Look Good and Feel Great on a Budget!
The right call is to call or text Ayreen Irwin
on 04 803 8531 or 021 227 8531.
Spring Festival 29 September - 6 October 2013
The Spring Festival is based at the Wellington Botanic Garden from September to October each year, set amongst the thousands of colourful tulips and other spring flowers on display.
The festival features:
Most of the activities are free.
29 September - 6 October 2013 Download Spring Festival brochure and vouchers (497KB PDF)
Download the brochure for more details about each event, and vouchers for the Picnic café and Cable Car rides during the festival........read more here
More information about these vacancies here www.wcl.govt.nz/about/news/vacancies.html
Applications close Wednesday!
"Don’t let your valuables become bait.
Pick them up and take them home."
You don’t need a special or new TV to watch Digital TV – any TV can go digital.
If you do decide to get a new TV, if your old one still works, you could pass it on to a friend or family member who could use it. Otherwise, it needs to be recycled.
For a limited time, the government-subsidised TV Take Back programme means you can recycle your TV at these places for no more than $5:
• Central City: Sustainability Trust, 2 Forresters Lane (Off Tory Street near Courtenay Place)
• Central City: Noel Leeming 133 Tory Street
• Northern Suburbs: RemarkIT, 21 Jamaica Drive, Grenada North
• Southern Suburbs: Southern Landfill, Happy Valley Road, Owhiro Bay (RemarkIT depot)
• Lyall Bay: Noel Leeming Tirangi Road, Airport Retail Park
• Kilbirnie: Geeks on Wheels Level 1, 50 Tacy St, Cobham Drive Retail Park
• Collection service: Geeks on Wheels offers a collection service
(additional charges and a size limit apply) Phone 0800 424 335 to enquire.
Other TV Take Back locations may become available. See the TV Take Back website www.tvtakeback.govt.nz and click on “Where can I recycle?” for a list of all collection points and their opening hours.
Call Luan Gobie, City Housing on 499 4444 or visit the TV Take Back website www.tvtakeback.govt.nz.
Posted by Leigh
Here's our Weekly What's On for the Island Bay Community Centre.
Spring has definitely been in the air this week, but there are still hints of winter around. Hope you have all kept toasty and warm and are looking forward to a sunshiny weekend.
_Child restraint laws are changing From 1 November the mandatory use of child restraints in vehicles will be extended by two years, with all children required to be correctly secured in an approved restraint until their seventh birthday (this includes booster seats).
Children aged seven will continue to be required to be secured in an approved child restraint if one is available in the vehicle, and if not, in any child restraint or safety belt that is available.
The law changes will help reduce preventable deaths and serious injuries to children travelling in vehicles.
To find out more about these changes, read the Q&As and access resources go to www.nzta.govt.nz/childrestraints. There you can also find a list of certified Child Restraint Technicians who can advise on the best child restraint to suit your child and your vehicle.
A few things coming up next week, and a couple notices...
· Kaitiaki, an interactive theatre performance aimed at empowering young people to make decisions collectively, hits our stage at the community centre next Wednesday to Saturday! Looks like it’ll be an amazing show! For more information, or to book tickets, visit http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/2013/kaitiaki/wellington#none
· Keep Newtown Clean happens this Saturday morning! Meet outside Newtown New World at 8am in your painting gear, and join the crew to get stuck into the graffiti around the streets. Hot free sausages up for grabs at the end!
· The deadline for submissions for the Wellington Timebank T-shirt Design competition comes up next week. Be sure to let the creative people in your life know about their chance to have their designs be worn around Wellington! More info on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/wellingtontimebankdesigncomp?fref=ts
· The Community Art Workshops are back for 2013! These classes will be running in the first two weeks of October, and cover crafts from jewellery making to creative map making. Places are limited and entry is by donation. For the list of workshops and dates/times, visit our website http://www.newtowncommunity.org.nz/
· If you missed the Meet the Candidates meeting this week in Newtown, you can attend the meeting for Southern Ward and Mayoral candidates next Sunday at the Wellington South Baptist Church, Island Bay Parade, at 7pm. You will also have the chance to meet the candidates for the DHB, at the Newtown Hall (opp Med Food Warehouse) on Saturday 14th, 12noon.