- Why you should view your cover letter or job application as being as important as your resume (or CV)
- Pitfalls to watch out for when drafting your cover letter/ online job application
- The cardinal rule for writing a good application
- How posting your resume online and linking to it in your online application can give you an advantage
- Why jobfill.co.nz provides you with the best option for linking to your resume to your cover letter / job application submitted online
Why you should view your cover letter or online job application as being as important as your resume
A lot of the time, your cover letter or online job application will typically be the first communication that the Recruiter/Job Advertiser will read, not your resume. The content of your communication and the manner of your expression in your cover letter/ job application will create an impression of you in the mind of the Recruiter. If you create a bad impression, the Recruiter most likely won’t view your resume. If you create a great impression, a Recruiter will almost certainly view your resume. Therefore, even if you have a great resume, it may never be viewed if you don’t take the necessary care in drafting you cover letter/ online job application.