What is a 'Over the Fence Cuppa' event? 'Over the Fence Cuppas' are small get-togethers in local neighbourhoods organised by neighbours in those communities. The best reason for organising a 'cuppa' event is that you get to know your neighbours better and have fun doing so.
Cuppa's can be held at the host's place or at their local park. Hosts may like to host a morning tea, an afternoon tea or evening supper. They may want to have a theme for their cuppa event, run some fun activities or just eat cake and chat.
There are a few things which need to happen for 'Over the Fence Cuppa' events to work;
- Hosts must live in the Kāpiti Coast District and host the event at their house or a park in close proximity to their house.
- Hosts need to invite at least six households who live close to them on their street. 'Cuppa' packs will provide for the number of people participating.
- At least half of the neighbours invited need to be neighbours the hosts don't know well.
- Over the Fence Cuppas need to be held on Neighbours' Day weekend – either 29 or 30 March.
- support, tips and resources to organise their event
- a 'cuppa pack' including Neighbours Day resources, refreshments, bakery vouchers and other goodies
- follow up after their event to see how it went and to have a chat about other opportunities to build connection with neighbours.
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number and email address
- A sentence or two on what you would like to do
What happens after I have registered? You will be contacted by phone or email to talk further about your idea. Hosts will be selected by 14 March.
For more information please contact Emma Haxton firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Links Neighbours Day Aotearoa